Did you know, That the President pardons a Turkey each year from being cooked? It’s true!
Furthermore, did you know that our American founders were Pioneers? I’m pretty sure you knew that.
Have you told a friend or family member that you are very thankful for them? How about one of their great qualities?
Here is a tradition that we do; save all your toilette paper rolls (hear me out…), and put little cards inside that name out some of your family members GOOD qualities (they don’t need to be reminded about their faults yet, ladies!). If your feeling extra nice, you could even stuff some cute little trinkets n’ such inside for extra enjoyment. Wrap the roll up in wrapping paper, and tie the ends with ribbon. When it is time to open them, you pull on the sides and it is supposed to pop open. Just be careful your items don’t go flying everywhere.
I’m in a good mood today, so here is one of our family Thanksgiving recipes:
Whoever makes this recipe for Thanksgiving will get a personal blog shout-out from me!
(Hope that motivates y’all!)
Quality Green Bean Casserole
6 tbsp. unsalted butter, plus more for dish
1 pound mushrooms, quartered
2 tsp. coarse salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
24 oz. bag Frozen French Green Beans
6 tbsp. all purpose flour
2 cups milk
8 oz. Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces
1. In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt 2 tbsp. butter. Add onion, and saute until it begins to soften, about 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, and cook until softened about 8 minuets. Season with 1 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Set aside to cool.
2. Cook Trader Joe’s Frozen French Green Beans according to cooking instructions on bag.
3. Melt the remaining 4 tbsp. butter in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add 1/4 cup flour, whisk constantly until mixture begins to turn golden, about 2 minutes. Pour in milk, and continue whisking until mixture has thickened, about 3 minutes. Stir in remaining tsp.salt and 1/4 tsp.pepper. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally, Pour over beans and toss to combine.
4. Butter a 9″ x 13″ glass or ceramic baking pan and spread the green bean mixture.
5. Heat broiler, positioning rack about 8 inches from heat. Cook casserole, covered, until mixture is bubbly and heated through , about 10 minutes. Uncover, and cook until top is golden brown , about 30 seconds. Sprinkle Trader Joe’s Gourmet Fried Onion Pieces over top and serve.
~ Moriah Renata Hudelson