1. Never both be angry at once.
2. Never yell at each other unless the house is on fire.
3. Yield to the wishes of the other as an exercise in self-discipline, if you can’t think of a better reason.
4. If you have a choice between making yourself or your mate look good, chose your mate.
5. If you feel you must criticize, do so lovingly.
6. Never bring up a mistake of the past.
7. Neglect the whole world rather than each other.
8. Never let the day end without saying at least one complimentary thing to your life’s partner.
9. Never meet without an affectionate welcome.
10. Never go to bed mad.
11. When you’ve made a mistake, talk it out and ask for forgiveness.
12. Remember, it takes two to make an argument. The one who is wrong is the one who will be doing the most of the talking.
My very wise and thoughtful Mother, gave me this list to read. It appears to be quiet ancient, however I do not know were it came from.
We as daughters and bride-to-be’s, especially myself, would do well to take this to heart.
~ Mademoiselle Renadae